Brand: Neen Code: ADDW
Periform vaginal electrode
The Periform+ vaginal electrode is designed for pelvic floor muscle stimulation and biofeedback.
It is supplied with an indicator stick which gives feedback for pelvic floor contractions whilst using it with a stimulation or EMG device and also allows it to be used as a Pelvic Floor Educator which means it can then also be used as a pelvic floor educator when practising muscle contractions when not connected to your stimulation or feedback device.
Periform is designed to fit the shape of the vagina and give better contact for treatment as it is the widest of the electrodes available.
It is a good choice postnatally during pelvic floor recovery or for women with a larger hiatus.
Its hollow shape ensures that the probe stays securely in place during use.
The Periform+ vaginal electrode is suitable for use with the Pericalm , Pelvitone , Continence and TENS electrical stimulation devices.
It can also be used with the Peritone and Simplex EMG biofeedback devices .
Vaginal Insertion and Use:
- Usually easiest lying on your back with knees bent comfortably but can be inserted and used in side lying
- For best contact with the muscles to be stimulated, the electrode plates should be facing your hips (ie left and right) not your tailbone and pubic bone unless advised by your treating health professional.
Only insert the body of the electrode, the flange at the end where the leads exit the electrode MUST remain outside the vagina.
- During a contraction of the pelvic floor muscles when the stimulation machine is active you should feel the end of the probe dipping downwards towards your tailbone (feel via the flange). If you have the feedback stick attached, you will see this dip downwards.
- The sensation should be a strong buzzing type sensation, not painful. It may take you a few sessions to get used to the feeling before you can turn it up to elicit a contraction.
- Even without a contraction being elicited initially, the sensory input of the stimulation will help to reconnect your pelvic floor with the sensory and motor cortexes in the brain
Care of your electrode:
- Please handle your electrode with care, the wires in the leads are delicate.
- Insert and remove via the flange, NOT the leads.
- DO NOT wrap the leads around the electrode when storing.
- Clean your electrode before and after each use with warm soapy water. Let it dry and return it to its plastic bag and store in a safe dry place.
The Periform+ electrode is designed for single person use and should not be autoclaved. It is manufactured from medical grade materials but not in guaranteed sterile conditions and we therefore recommend cleaning before initial use.
Do not use if pregnant, during your period, or if you have a vaginal infection.
Before using electrical stimulation for the pelvic floor check here for further contraindications.
The metal electrodes contain a percentage of Nickel which may cause an allergic reaction in case of oversensitivity for Nickel.
The Life-care plus Gold plated PR-02A is suitable for those with nickel allergies
Probe body: High Impact Polystyrene
Electrodes: Medical Grade Stainless Steel
METAL ELECTRODES CONTAIN A PERCENTAGE OF NICKEL. THIS MAY CAUSE AN ALLERGIC REACTION IN THE CASE OF OVERSENSITIVITY TO NICKEL
Cables: PVC over copper tinsel conductors
Weight: 19g including cables
Cable Length: 340mm
Dimensions: Length 94mm Width: 34.7mm
Connectors: 2 x 2mm diameter sockets
Electrode Surface Area: 4.9cm
2 per electrode
‘In Use’ product lifetime: 6 months
Wash after use with soap and water and store dry.
Single patient use only.
Warranty: 3 months