Brand: PFLEX Events
Cost is inclusive of GST
DATE : Saturday 13th June 2020
TIME : 9.00 am- 5.00pm
(registration and coffee from 8.30am with some activities to complete. Lectures start 9am sharp)
VENUE : Rydges Adelaide
1 South Tce , Adelaide
PARKING: Onsite. Rydges Adelaide offers $15.00 car parking (subject to availability).
ACCOMMODATION: Available onsite, please contact reception to book.
The course is fully catered for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Please advise any dietary requirements via email when registering and I will do my best to accomodate them, dependent on the venue.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- History of electrical stimulation
- Neurophysiology of stimulation - how it works and what all the parameters mean
- How to relate physiology to TENS and E-stim, what is the difference between TENS and E-Stim?
- Types of stimulation and neuromodulation, when and how to use what. NMES/TENS/TTNS
- An overview of what FES, PTNS, PENS, SNM and SCS are
- Electrodes - which one and why?
- Pelvic conditions we can treat with stimulation/neuromodulation, how it works for those conditions and the research
- Contraindications for different forms of neuormodulation
- How to choose and set custom programs
By the end of the day you should be able to identify when to consider using electrical stimulation with a patient, which type to use and why, and be able to set up a custom program for your patient.
The practical session will allow plenty of time for you to get hands on, know what different types of stimulation and parameters feel like and how to program a machine. (We will stay fully clothed for this section, using external pads on arms and legs, therefore suitable for everyone)
This course is research-based and includes a large hands-on practical component. Be prepared to leave your current views and biases about electrical stimulation at the door as we take a really close look at how you might use this modality to enhance treatment for some of your patients.
PLEASE NOTE : You must be an AHPRA registered health professional with professional indemnity insurance to attend this course.
From Adelaide Airport, turn right onto Sir Donald Bradman Drive and travel east until you reach West Terrace. Turn right onto West Terrace, then left onto South Terrace. Rydges is on the corner of West and South Terraces.
STRICTLY no refunds after 31st May 2020
Withdrawal will incur a $75 administration fee, even if we fill your place, due to the administration time it takes to contact waitlists and process refunds
Registration can be transferred to a colleague at any time at no cost as long as we are informed of the name change and the new registrant is a registered health professional. Financial arrangements are purely between you and the replacement registrant . PFLEX Pty Ltd will not be liable for a refund and re-registration