Brand: Dr Pauline Chiarelli Code: WWB
Women's Waterworks: Curing Incontinence is an international best-seller, with over 350,000 copies sold world-wide since its first publication in 1987, and constantly updated since then. Written by Australian physiotherapist and academic, Dr Pauline Chiarelli, this straightforward guide to the pelvic floor, incontinence, and what you can do about it is a must-read introduction for any woman experiencing continence problems. It is a light-hearted look at a serious topic.
Pauline Chiarelli is an academic at the University of Newcastle and the author of many research papers in this field. She is widely acknowledged as a leading expert, yet she's also able to reach out to ordinary women and write in an easy to read, positive, uplifting style.
If you only read one book on the subject, this has to be it.
- Introducing women's waterworks
- What we've got and how it works
- The multifunctional pelvic floor
- The rise and fall of the pelvic floor
- Not only but also
- Testing, testing
- Taking things into your own hands
- Getting to the crux of the matter
- Pelvic floor exercises - bells & whistles (this chapter is all about pelvic floor exercisers, including some of the devices available here)
- Special hints for special people
- Prevention is better than cure