Brand: NeuroTrac Code: ECS300
US customers click HERE before purchasing, we cannot supply electrical stimulation units or parts to you
This unit is suitable to use for:
- All types of pain relief
- Treatment of faecal incontinence and urgency, bladder or urinary urgency, OAB or Overactive Bladder
- This is NOT a stimulation machine that can be used for strengthening pelvic floor muscles. To do this you need a machine with the correct parameters. Continence, Pelvitone or Pericalm machines will help you with strengthening
The treatment can be done via:
- internal vaginal or anal electrodes
- external stimulation
- external sacral and tibial stimulation are most commonly used for OAB (overactive bladder) / FI (faecal incontinence)
If you have been prescribed a TENS machine for treating OAB or FI you may find THIS VIDEO helpful.
In the video our Physiotherapist, Fiona, demonstrates how to set up and use your TENS machine for TTNS - Transcutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation.
External adhesive electrodes are attached to the inside ankle to gently stimulate the tibial nerve, helping to reduce urinary and faecal urgency.
The Tens NeuroTrac®
- Digital Dual Channel
- 11 Pre-set programmes for ease of use
- 3 Customizable constant mode programmes
- Ability to lock the unit
- Records time in use and average current
- User friendly
- Compact, light and reliable
CONTRA-INDICATIONS. Do NOT use TENS:
- If you have a pacemaker or an active IPG (implanted pulse generator) Speak to your medical team.
- Over the pregnant uterus
- Over the neck
- If you have epilepsy
- Around actively bleeding tissue
- Around local malignancy
- Near the eyes or testes
- Near an active epiphysis
- In presence of poor circulation or sensation
Conventional TENS or Normal Mode
This mode enables the user to select any rate between 2 Hz - 200 Hz and a pulse width between 50 µS - 300 µS. This is the most frequently used of the three modes. The most common selection is 80 Hz with a 200 µS pulse width.
This mode is comparable to the low rate TENS technique except that each low rate pulse is substituted for by a short BURST of 9 pulses (200 µS) at 150 Hz. It is a combination of conventional and low rate TENS. The burst mode is often referred to as acupuncture like TENS.
This mode is designed to help prevent nerve accommodation that some patient's experience. It is achieved by continuously cycling the pulse width and rate.
- NeuroTrac TENS machine
- Storage pouch
- 9volt battery
- 2 x connector leads
- Adehesive electrodes 50 x 50 mm 4 pack
- Instruction book
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- TENS stimulation unit
- 9V Battery
- 2 lead wires ( connects unit to electrodes)
- User manual
- 1 x set of 4 50x50mm external adhesive electrodes
- Dual channel: individually isolated circuits.
- Amplitude: 0 - 80 mA into 500 Ohm load; indication only. Actual mA will tend to be less than indicated due to electrode impedance: at 1000 Ohms load (Electrodes in poor condition) the maximum will be limited to 70 mA, at 1500 Ohms load the maximum will be limited to 65 mA.
- Type: Constant Current, maximum output voltage 180 Volts +10 / -30 Volts
- Waveform: Asymmetrical, rectangular bi-phasic with zero DC current.
- Selectable pulse width: 50mS -300mS [2% accuracy].
- Pulse Rate selection: in the continuous mode 2 Hz - 200 Hz [2% accuracy].
- Mode: Continuous, Burst or Modulated.
- Burst mode: Bursts of 9 pulses [200 mS] at 150 Hz, repeating twice every second.
- Modulation mode: 6-second cycle of concurrent width modulation and pulse repetition rate modulation. Width starting at 200 mS and decreasing exponentially to 100 mS in three seconds and then returning back to 200 mS in the next three seconds. Rate starting at 100 Hz, decreasing exponentially to 65 Hz and then returning to 100 Hz.
- Time duration of the treatment selectable: 1 minute to 12 hours.
- Low Battery Indicator: If the battery goes below 6.9 volts +/- 0.2 volts the battery symbol will flash on/off once every second.
- If the battery voltage is below 6.6 (+/- 0.2) volts the unit will not turn on.
- Open Electrode Detect: If an open circuit is detected at the output of channel A or B the output current will be reset at zero.
Physical dimensions: 119.2 x 69 x 28.7 mm
Weight: 0.07KG without battery, 0.1KG with battery.
Environmental Conditions for use:
+10 to +30 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.
Environmental conditions for storage & transport:
-10 to +50 degrees Centigrade. 0-90% Humidity.